Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pulparindo

Origin - Mexico


Rating - Boston Baked Beans
WHAT THE SHIT??? Upon opening and smelling the product you'll notice the smell of dirt. Possibly the smell of someone who sleeps in a barn...in the dirt. The taste is nothing you'd expect really, somewhat like "Fizz candy" mixed into a thick fruit roll-up although it's very sour and very intense (and even a little spicy). It's both chewy and sandy in texture. I can see why it's so small, I was in pain by the end, it's just too intense. I'm imagining a barn somewhere where they have crust punks locked up and constantly fed sugar, every Saturday someone comes along and carves a thick piece of dried skin off each of their heels and packages it up as Pulparindo. Too far? Boston Baked Beans, because I liked it for some reason...
Reviewed by Andy X


Rating - Donkey Shit
If you love the idea of munching on the world's saltiest raisin, then this is the candy for you. Okay, this was not candy. Candy is sweet and delicious, not a gritty, spicy atrocity. A couple bites was all I could stand and I watched in horror as Andy continued to eat his. I'd like to thank Sugar Mountain for making this all possible by ignoring that fact that this item was not labeled for retail sale. The rat bastards. Reviewed by Ms. K

No comments:

Post a Comment