Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kimura - Curry Ramune Flavour



Origin - Japan

Rating - Good (on it's own)/Not so good (as a cocktail)
Who could possibly say no to this product. Soda and curry are just such a natural fit. At first I thought the marble thing unnecessary and overly complex. But then I realized it was from Japan. They're light years ahead of us so I'm going to blindly accept this as superior technology. The drink tastes like a slightly flat ginger ale with a little extra spice. It really wasn't bad. Now the Sailor Jugdish I was not so fond of. It tasted like a crappy flat left over cocktail from the night before that you only drown to avoid the DT's.
Reviewed by Ms. K








Rating - Awesome
When we first discovered the last remaining bottle of Curry Ramune at the "Lucky Supermarket", we knew it must come home with us. After doing a bit of research, I found that "Ramune" is lemonade! This is carbonated, curry flavoured lemonade. I thought, "it just doesn't get any stranger than this", until i saw Kimura's website. They have a spicy version as well. HMM? Anyways, the bottle itself is odd. After you remove the lid, you have to push a marble down and it *POPS* and fills with bubbles. Fun! The product itself has the appearance of canola oil and smells like dirt-cheese. Not promising but what the fuck. I discovered it actually tastes really good! It's light and slightly fruity with a definite curry taste. It reminded me of a spicy ginger beer that was a little bit citrus. My next logical thought was, "LET'S ADD BOOZE TO IT!!" and I grabbed a bottle of Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum. Try this if at all possible, it's crazy!
Reviewed by Andy X



Sailor Jugdish

1oz of Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
3oz of Curry Ramune
Ice

1 comment: