Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Morinaga Nama Ramune Gummies - Cola Flavor















Origin - Japan
Rating - Boston Baked Beans
I'd first like to state these are like a damn candy tattoo, as I'm sure I'll be tasting them forever. When purchasing them I thought "harmless gummies" but this is Munchies de Sade and we don't play that shit 'round here. These are thermo fucking nuclear when it come to taste. Hours after eating just one small cube I was still tasting the slightly sour cola flavor (not too far off from a 7/11 slushy that's been sitting out for a bit). They're not gummies either yet they live in the same neighborhood. They have sugary grit to them (which I'm sure is top secret proprietary fun time formula) but kind of squishy like a gummy. They're moist as well, probably chock full of cola good feelings or something. I was told they change texture depending on the temperature, so I put one in the fridge and one in the freezer. The fridge gummy almost resembled a softer candy corn while the freezer sample DID NOT FREEZE! Obviously some kind of alchemy is responsible. While I kind of enjoyed these, just keep in mind they are more weapon than treat, a true Boston Baked Bean.
~Reviewed by Andy X


No comments:

Post a Comment